Red Top Cab came to pick me up at 5:30 am. We drove to National and I boarded my Airtrain flight only a few minutes after getting through security. I timed it perfectly. After connecting in Atlanta I arrived in Charleston around 10:30. Genny picked me up and we headed straight to Grandpa’s to meet up with Mom and Dad and, of course, spend some time with Grandpa. We all told about the same amount of stories, and did not mention Mexicans once, quite an accomplishment if you ask me.

Genny and I then headed to the pool. The beach was getting clouds on and off, but it was nice and sunny inland. So, after grabbing a sandwich at Bull Street Gourmet we headed over and tanned for two hours of sunny bliss, with intermittent dips throughout.

After our tanning extravaganza we stopped at Nail Palace for some Mani’s and Pedi’s. We both got French manicures and shades of pink on our toes.

Once home we lounged, read people, watched Food Network and readied ourselves for dinner at Circa 1886 at the Award winning Wentworth Mansion – the beautiful hotel my parents are staying at. Before entering we had to snap a shot to capture our southern beauty.

The hotel was just amazing. Built in the 1880’s it was the home of a wealthy Charleston merchant and became a hotel almost 30 years ago. No detail has been spared right down to the hinges on the doors. We went up to our parents enormous room and lounged for a bit before dinner.

Mother also presented me with a pair of Tory Burch flats she had gotten for me at the latest Bloomies sale. I am forever indebted to her for this most illustrious gift.

Before heading down to the restaurant we went to the rooftop cupola and admired the city views.

Dinner was absolutely delish. I had a pecan roasted pork chop of goodness and a lobster salad to start. Others ordered the sea bass, grouper and the steak tasting. We all were highly satisfied. For desert I chose the tropical sampler complete with coconut ice cream, key lime torte and a passion fruit pot au creme which was pretty much just a party in my mouth.

After dinner Gen and I asked Mom and Dad if we could trade rooms with them, they said no, so we headed back to her house for a sister sleepover.